Essential oils are concentrated hydrophobic liquid that contain volatile aroma compounds from plants. In simpler terms,they are plant-based oils. Except for citrus-based essential oils that are pressed from the peels of the fruits, essential oils are extracted from derivative plants. Most essential oils are extracted by distillation, usually by means of steam.
Organic essential oils are produced from plants that are grown under the standard organic farming method, which means the plants are not exposed to toxic pesticides, synthetic nitrogen fertilizers, or GMOs.
There are many organic essential oils to fill your cabinets with, but there are a few that are particularly helpful to have around the house. These include the following:
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender has an earthy scent that produces a calming effect. Organic lavender essential oil has antiseptic and antifungal properties and is used in treating several skin conditions, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also work to relieve sore muscles and prevent hair loss.
- Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil – This oil is described as a natural remedy for seasonal allergies and the accompanying sore throat, cough, runny nose, and nasal congestion. Organic eucalyptus essential oil has anti-inflammatory, decongestant, deodorant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties.
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil – This versatile oil is used for skin care and weight loss. It may help reduce excessive skin oil production, eliminate dandruff, strengthen sagging skin, and help with stomach acidity and indigestion.
- Organic Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint oil nourishes dull skin, promotes hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp, and improves the texture of oily skin. Organic peppermint essential oil is available in tablet and capsule forms.
- Organic Frankincense Essential Oil – The Wise Men are believed to have brought frankincense to the young Christ, but most people don’t know about its function. This oil that can help fight the aging process and promote the regeneration of healthy cells. It is believed to help eliminate sunspots, minimize wrinkles, and tighten the skin. This essential oil may also help in reducing scars and stretch marks.
Stocking up on a few essential oils can prove to be a wise move. They can help you ward off maladies or treat them naturally if they develop.
The American Red Cross celebrates January as National Blood Donor Month in recognition of the lifesaving contributions of blood and platelet donors. January is the leanest month for blood donation in the U.S. That is why the American Red Cross is urging people to give blood as soon as possible.It is difficult to collect enough blood to meet patient needs [...]
‘Tis the season for New Year’s resolutions. If you didn’t eat as healthfully as you had hoped to in the past year, now’s a great time to re-commit. We truly are what we eat, so evaluating our diet choices can make a big difference in our overall health.Benefits of a Healthy DietMost people decide to switch to a healthy [...]
The New Year kicks off with National Thank You Month, and we can’t think of a better way to start our 2017 than to thank you for your valued patronage. Wishing U Well had a very successful year in 2016. That’s largely due to people like you who patronized our products and showed their confidence in us. Thank you [...]
It’s 2017. Have you set your New Year’s resolutions? Studies show that writing down your resolutions can greatly increase your chances for achieving them.Resolutions can deal with many aspects of our lives, but health-related resolutions are the most popular. The trick, of course, is sticking with your resolutions. Many people set a raft of health-related goals at the [...]
We all know that eating nutritious foods can promote weight loss, boost brain power, and improve health. The benefits, however, don’t stop there. Here's an infographic presented by Wishing U Well. It talks about the benefits of a healthy diet.
2016 was a banner year for Wishing U Well. We can proudly claim that we met our goal to help our customers achieve maximum health and well-being. We appreciate the unprecedented response and support from our loyal customer base. We look forward to the coming year and to renewing our commitment to research and [...]
Every parent wants to make their child’s Christmas a perfect one. That can involve the perfect décor, the perfect presentation of gifts on Christmas morning, the perfect holiday meals, and more. Holiday memories often linger into adulthood. As you strive to make those memories positive ones for your kids, consider a few [...]
What does winter do to our skin? First, the cold atmosphere and dry air can make the skin dry or cracked. Second, if you spend more time indoors and just rely on central heating, then it would make the skin rough and chapped. Yes, we have no escape. So what are we to do? Here's an infographic presented by [...]
We tend to go outside less in winter. The temperatures are often inhospitable, coaxing us to stay indoors where heat is in rich supply. Sometimes, we’re forced to stay inside, such as when a storm or blizzard hits, requiring us to hole up indoors. When we spend too much time indoors, there’s [...]