Benefits You Can Get from Mustard Seeds
August 5th is National Mustard Day. Never heard of it? You’re not alone. But what a great opportunity to let you know of the amazing health benefits of mustard that you’ve likely never heard of either.
Mustard is one of the most popular spices and condiments in the world. It is tossed on burgers, hot dogs, mixed into salad dressings, etc. But aside from the flavor that it gives, there are health benefits that a person can get from mustard, especially its seeds.
Here are the health benefits available from mustard seeds.
- Mustard seeds are rich in phytonutrients, vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals.
- The protein, minerals, and vitamins present in the seeds and its extract are of high quality. Plus it has a high content of fiber as well which helps in promoting better digestion.
- It contains healthy and necessary oils.
- The seeds of the mustard contain a high percentage of vitamin B-complex like niacin, folates, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, and thiamin. The body needs all of these nutrients to help build stronger tissue. External sources like mustard seeds play an important part in the supply of these vitamins to the body.
- The niacin content in a hundred grams of mustard seeds is at 4.733 mg. Niacin helps people lower their blood cholesterol and their triglycerides.
- Mustard seeds contain a good amount of carotenoid antioxidants and flavonoid. It also contains small amounts of vitamin antioxidants like Vitamin K, A, and C.
- Vitamin E is in high content in mustard seeds.
- Mustard seeds contain good amounts of manganese, copper, iron, selenium, zinc, and calcium. All of these minerals have their purpose and benefits for the human body.