As of December 2017, 197 million users visited Amazon’s websites per month. Effective Amazon brand management strategies can help you tap into this user base and boost your bottom line. Here are some tips for getting more customers on Amazon:
- Choose unique merchandise — While the Amazon marketplace sells millions of products, it does not cover everything. Look to sell niche products with less competition.
- Price to win — In the Amazon marketplace, price is king. A good price will set you apart from the competition. It all starts with your choice of product, which can help determine your profitability. Make sure that you select a product with enough of a profit margin that you can engage in competitive pricing while still earning a fair rate of return.
- Consider a Pro Merchant subscription — Typically, a seller pays a flat 99-cent-per-transaction fee to Amazon, which is very reasonable if you aren’t selling large quantities. But if you are selling many items, the 99-cent fee will add up quickly. As a Pro Merchant seller, you will pay a flat $39.99 per month for listing your products on Amazon. Depending on your business model, this may turn out to be the better deal. In addition to that, sellers pay a 15% “referral fee.”
- Automate your listings — Pro Merchants may list their products in bulk through Amazon’s API, which can be used to integrate selling into an e-commerce platform. The platform automatically updates inventory levels and product descriptions on Amazon.
- Cultivate loyalty — When you sell on Amazon, the shopper is an Amazon customer. But there are ways of marketing directly to that customer and establishing a long-term relationship. One way to do this is to offer follow-up discounts when customers continue to buy from you. This helps foster loyalty in customer relationships.
Ingenuity and hard work can go a long way in boosting your customer base and your sales.