Essential oils are concentrated hydrophobic liquid that contain volatile aroma compounds from plants. In simpler terms,they are plant-based oils. Except for citrus-based essential oils that are pressed from the peels of the fruits, essential oils are extracted from derivative plants. Most essential oils are extracted by distillation, usually by means of steam.
Organic essential oils are produced from plants that are grown under the standard organic farming method, which means the plants are not exposed to toxic pesticides, synthetic nitrogen fertilizers, or GMOs.
There are many organic essential oils to fill your cabinets with, but there are a few that are particularly helpful to have around the house. These include the following:
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender has an earthy scent that produces a calming effect. Organic lavender essential oil has antiseptic and antifungal properties and is used in treating several skin conditions, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also work to relieve sore muscles and prevent hair loss.
- Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil – This oil is described as a natural remedy for seasonal allergies and the accompanying sore throat, cough, runny nose, and nasal congestion. Organic eucalyptus essential oil has anti-inflammatory, decongestant, deodorant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties.
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil – This versatile oil is used for skin care and weight loss. It may help reduce excessive skin oil production, eliminate dandruff, strengthen sagging skin, and help with stomach acidity and indigestion.
- Organic Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint oil nourishes dull skin, promotes hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp, and improves the texture of oily skin. Organic peppermint essential oil is available in tablet and capsule forms.
- Organic Frankincense Essential Oil – The Wise Men are believed to have brought frankincense to the young Christ, but most people don’t know about its function. This oil that can help fight the aging process and promote the regeneration of healthy cells. It is believed to help eliminate sunspots, minimize wrinkles, and tighten the skin. This essential oil may also help in reducing scars and stretch marks.
Stocking up on a few essential oils can prove to be a wise move. They can help you ward off maladies or treat them naturally if they develop.